This video is about building a 1U server for use in home network or audio visual setup such as a home theater cabinet.
I build the biggest, most powerful 1U server that I can fit into a 19″ rack that is only 12 inches deep.
On this server I am running VMware ESXi. This allows me to virtualize Homeseer, Plex, Observium, and some other boxes and have them in an HA failover cluster.
Check out my blog article for more info:
You might also be interested in how I vented this closet:
More info on XEON vs Core i7 processors for servers:
To learn about ECC RAM:
PARTS USED IN THIS BUILD
* 2 pin Case Fan (always on, full speed): http://amzn.to/2nnHk0f
* 3 pin Case Fan (speed controlled by motherboard): http://amzn.to/2nzSMWL
* Apevia ITX-AP250W 250 Watt 1U Power Supply: http://amzn.to/2n36iym
* ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard: http://amzn.to/2nnNKw1
* CoolerTech Y-Splitter Fan Cable: http://amzn.to/2nzUqI0
* Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32 GB RAM Kit: http://amzn.to/2nnX82N
* Dynatron K199 Active CPU Blower 1U Cooler: http://amzn.to/2n3kibB
* Intel Core i7 6700K 4Ghz CPU: http://amzn.to/2nUcIVs
* (Core i5: http://amzn.to/2nA86mj) (Core i3: http://amzn.to/2nnOem2)
* Intel Pro 1000 VT Quad Port NIC: http://amzn.to/2n3ljQZ
* iStar 1U 19″ Rackmount Case: http://amzn.to/2nnCFeK
* PCIe Riser Cable: http://amzn.to/2nzMKWo
* Samsung EVO 850 500 GB SSD: http://amzn.to/2nzObnD
* (250 GB: http://amzn.to/2n3jiUV)